1. Research Tipi symbols that may have been used on Blackfoot Tipis & their meaning
The Blackfoot Tipi- http://projects.cbe.ab.ca/ict/2learn/mmspeight/blackfoot/html/tipis.htm
Designs and Patterns for Tipis- http://www.tipis.org/designs_and_patterns_for_tipis.htm
Blackfoot Confederacy Information
Glenbow Museum Tipi Info
2. Choose 4-6 Symbols to include on your Tipi & record the meaning (why are they important in Blackfoot Culture?)
3. Create your Tipi with the symbols on it. Be Neat. Use color. (see Tipi's below)
4. Write a paragraph about your Tipi & the symbols you chose. You need to include a sentence for each symbol. Who are the Blackfoot people? What do the symbols you chose mean? What did you learn about Blackfoot people? Are there interesting facts? **Paragraphs should be about 5-6 sentences long.
5. Get someone to spell check your paragraph- have Mrs. Becker look it over.
6. Do a good copy on lined paper.
If finished, you can design the landscape around your Tipi with art materials (colors, Popsicle sticks, construction paper, cardboard etc. ) in the classroom. You can be creative! Add animals, landscape, fires etc. Have fun!