STEM Challenge! Building Catapults & Skating!
CTF with Mrs. Kluin
HOOP DANCING with Sandra LaMouche!
Check out our new PETS... A SQUIRM OF WORMS!
Form more information... check out www.princessdirt.ca
A.B. Daley Book Club!
Check out the pictures from our November 10th meeting to discuss Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate...
For more info. on Book Club Click Here!
LEARN TO TYPE SITES:
AGENDA & REMINDERS:
Today we had an awesome assembly by Mr. L's grade 5's! We did some catch up in Math/Science and Social and ended our day with P.E.
Reminders: Have a great THANKSGIVING weekend with your friends and family!
And please remember to complete your AT HOME MATH JOURNAL
Brainpop JR Video on TIme -username abdaley password: admin
October 5th: Day 19
Today we had Farm Safety and then worked on our new Plant Project which is stored in each students google drive account which you can access from home if you are interested.
1. Monday- No School
2. Check agenda for Farm Safety Sticker/Booklet and Plant Parts Assignment Mark
3. Remember to return picture orders to the school!
October 4th: THE REAL DAY 18
Today, we are learning about Google Drive and in science creating our own Google Drive Presentations on Wildflowers in Alberta. We also (hopefully if technology cooperates) will be completing our Kahoot Game to test our knowledge of Plant concepts. In Social, we are researching the 6 regions in Alberta!
We also started Career Cruisin' in PLC time today which is our cross graded Learning Commons time. Mrs. Kluin instructs during this time for all grade fours and fives!
1. No school next Monday for Thanksgiving
2. Check school newsletter on A.B. Daley Website for upcoming important dates and information about school programs
3. Healthy Hunger- School lunch program link on school website
October 3rd: Day 18???!!!
October 2nd: Day 18
Today was ORANGE SHIRT DAY, check the website for pictures and to see our school wide collaborative art project stained glass windows.
September 29th: Day 17
Today we all participated in the Terry Fox Run/Walk and we have raised over $200 for a Cure for Cancer as a school!
1. Monday is Orange Shirt Day! Wear ORANGE to show that "Every Child Matters!"
2. Bus safety is on Tuesday in the afternoon
3. Thursday is Farms Safety in afternoon
September 28th: Day 16
- Mrs. Harty was in today, Mrs. B, M, W (haha) will be back tomorrow... So just a few reminders....
1. Tomorrow is Terry Fox- remember Toonie for Terry and Dress for Weather
2. Please get Walking Field Trip Form Signed and returned ASAP
3. MONDAY is ORANGE SHIRT DAY- see LINK WEAR ORANGE
September 26 &27: Day 12 & 15
Today in science we played a KAHOOT GAME (pin number 227775) to test our knowledge of plant parts. Please feel free to check out the game with your child tonight and test their knowledge :)
Our foldable research projects were due today, a few students have some coloring to finish up and bring back to me for Friday- check agenda pockets!
**Mrs. Becker is away at PD tomorrow, but will be back Friday. Mrs. Hart will be in to spend the day in grade four tomorrow!
1. Friday is the Terry Fox Run- students can choose to run or walk. If you are able bring a Toonie for Terry to donate to a cure for cancer. Please bring good shoes for walking/running and dress for the weather! Parents and siblings welcome to join us!
September 25th: Day 13
Today in Social we learned about the Okotoks Erratic and how it got to Okotoks, we also talked about glaciers and hoodoos. In science, we looked at some pictures of erosion by the river, and we worked on our Plant Parts Fold-able projects. These projects will be due on WEDNESDAY. We also had a fire drill today.
1) Tomorrow is Picture day
2) Friday at 11 am- Terry Fox Run
Mrs. Becker will be away tomorrow and Thursday- Mrs. Harty will be with the grade four class both days!
September 21: Day 12
Today we participated in Expectation Stations and an Author Visit from Margriet Ruurs
No School for Students tomorrow- PD Day
School Pictures next week - Tuesday
Next Friday- 29th- Terry Fox Run 11am- Bring a Toonie for Terry!
September 19th & 20th: Day 10 & 11
Parts of a Plant Research WEBSITE
Hey everyone! Mrs. Becker forgot an update yesterday! SO SORRY!
So here's our update... we are working hard in math on time and calendar. In social we worked hard on some notes about geography. And in Science- we planted our Garden Tower!! Very exciting
Book club permission forms are due tomorrow- a few were sent home with extra copies today. I will be ordering books on Friday so please make sure I have them tomorrow. Extra copies on A.B. Daley Websites
Library was today- students will be bringing home new books!
September 18th: Day 9
Today Mrs. Becker was in for Math- we worked on time, correcting some assignments from last week and working one on one with some students needing extra practice. We also played a new Math game!
In social we worked on defining some key terms for our geography unit.
In science, we worked on an entry in our Science Journals to compare and contrast plant needs vs. our needs as humans
Book Club note went home- see A.B. Daley website for more information- permission forms due on Thursday so Mrs. Becker can order books!! First meeting will be October 27th from 1:30-2:30
Check out our lettuce growing!
September 15th: Day 8
Today in Social Studies we compared and contrasted different communities in Alberta. We are getting ready to start learning about Regions in Alberta and do a special art project (hopefully next week) on the regions. In Science, we discussed Photosynthesis... how plants make food!
September 14th: Day 7
Today Mrs. Wickett is here for Math! In Social Studies we will continue to practice learning the Territories and Provinces (check out this GAME to quiz yourself at home) and in Science we are continuing our discussions and learning around the Plant Life Cycle.
Thanks for coming to the BBQ last night! Great to see so many families out!
September 12th: Day 6
Today Mrs. Becker was away at an administrators meeting. Guest teaching was Mrs. Weeks!
Book conferences with Mrs. Martin and myself for Thursday/Friday this week
** Student demographic forms - review, sign and return in agenda please (even if everything stays the same)
** Network User Agreements- review with your child & sign & return
September 11th: Day 5
Today we worked on Time to the minute which is a little harder! We need to remember to be patient and take our time to count the minutes instead of rushing. In Social, we reviewed the provinces and territories, and learned where they are in relation to Alberta. Science was awesome- We started growing our Tower Garden!
** BBQ on TUESDAY at 5:30!
** Book Conference times for our class with Mrs. Martin (online booking)
1. Demographic Forms went home today. Please review information and send back with your signature on them. Important that we have updated info. in case we need to contact you! Please add your email address if we do not already have it, so you receive our classroom notifications!
2. Network Use Agreements (please review with your child, sign and return) They are in agenda pockets :)
September 8th: Day 4!
Today we reviewed Time concepts and got logged into Mathletics accounts. We had a quick Time quiz (5 questions) to check for understanding and see what we need to review next week!
* Some students are still missing notebooks/binders and/or headphones
1. Tuesday next week- Welcome Back BBQ for families 5:30-6:30
2. Please book Goal Setting Conferences Online Link on A.B Daley Website
** Some students brought home their Autobiography Island Maps to color over the weekend. We will begin our first unit about Alberta's Geography on Monday!
September 7th: Day 3!
Today we will:
Work on classroom routines
Math: Work on Telling time by learning about the clock parts and how an analog clock work as well as playing some fun math games to reinforce and practice concepts
Social: Finish up our Autobiography Islands & review map parts
Science: Continue discussions about Ecosystems and abiotic/ biotic factors
1. Tuesday next week- Welcome Back BBQ 5:30-6:30! Hope to see you all there
2. Mrs. Wickett will be joining our grade four team! Please check parent emails for more information
3. Next week- Thursday and Friday- Goal Setting Conferences- please book online at A.B. Daley Website (our class needs to book with Mrs. Martin - Mrs. Becker will be there as well!)
September 6th: Day 2
Today we will:
Finish getting organized
Math: Start our morning math routine, introduce Telling Time
Social : Work on Autobiography Islands, Brainstorm about Alberta, review parts of map
Science: Read Science Verse by Jon Scieszka, Ecosystem Video
1. Running Club meeting tomorrow at noon in Gym with Mrs. Gammie
2. Return any All About Me Surveys
3. Missing supplies- kleenex boxes, notebooks, headphones
** Mrs. Becker has labelled bags of each students extra supplies (pencils, glue sticks etc. ) in her classroom so that when students run out, they can easily access their own bags :)
September 5th: First Day of School!
WELCOME BACK TO A.B. Daley Video
Today we will:
Work on getting organized
Brainstorm about Alberta
Start our Autobiography Islands- check out our grade 4 social tab for more info.
Please check agendas each evening as we will communicate lots of daily events through them... also our school website and Becker Buzz
Feel free to contact us via email or phone with any questions or concerns! Can't wait to learn with you this year!!